At The Lagos Food Bank, we strongly believe Food is essential to human existence. We are determined create conditions that will allow people to thrive, systems that seeks to alleviate hunger
With support from individuals and corporate donors through the Lagos Food Bank Farm Funds, we create sustainable means of nutrition by establishing, supporting livestock and crop farming programs within our selected communities.
Job Placement Programme
We have added innovation to our food security approach by collating basic skills of the beneficiaries into a Curriculum Vitae through our human resources practitioners.
Who We Are
Lagos Food Bank is a non-governmental, non-profit, private-driven initiative committed to fighting hunger, reducing food waste and offering emergency food services through our food banking network across Lagos state.
Our Target Beneficiaries
Our primary goal at LFBI is to reach out to:
- Children from ages 0-16
- Pregnant women and Lactating mother
- Patients of diet related diseases
- Seniors from ages 50 years and above
- Extremely indigent families
Our Core Values
- Commitment: We are committed to solving hunger induced problems and providing related services
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
- Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation
Our Vision & Mission
We are committed to creating a Lagos without hunger and closing the obvious food gap.
There are two parts to our Mission:
• To act as a front-line agency assisting those struggling with malnutrition and hunger across the country.
• To act as a food warehouse with branches in all the 20 Local governments in Lagos and to work with other agencies that assist people in need