At The Lagos Food Bank, we strongly believe Food is essential to human existence. We are determined create conditions that will allow people to thrive, systems that seeks to alleviate hunger
With support from individuals and corporate donors through the Lagos Food Bank Farm Funds, we create sustainable means of nutrition by establishing, supporting livestock and crop farming programs within our selected communities.
Job Placement Programme
We have added innovation to our food security approach by collating basic skills of the beneficiaries into a Curriculum Vitae through our human resources practitioners.
Who We Are
Lagos Food Bank is a non-profit, nutrition-focused initiative committed to fighting hunger, reducing food waste and solving the problem of malnutrition through targeted programs that seek to improve the nutrition/food intake of pregnant women and their infants who are not able to get the required nutrient during pregnancy and breastfeeding of their babies.
Our Target Beneficiaries
Our primary goal at LFBI is to reach out to:
- Children from ages 0-16
- Pregnant women and Lactating mothers
- Patients of diet related diseases
- Seniors from ages 50 years and above
- Extremely indigent families
Our Core Values
- Commitment: We are committed to solving hunger induced problems and providing related services
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
- Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation
- Connection: We build a community of people that connect with the needs of the most vulnerable in the society
- Contribution : We do whatever it takes to add value and contribute to deliver more services to our beneficiaries through shared goals and mutual support
Our Vision & Mission
To be the Nation’s leading domestic hunger relief organization
There are three parts to our Mission:
• To end hunger and malnutrition by providing for the immediate (nutritious food) and long term needs (sustainable skills and employment) of the extremely poor in order to improve their socio-economic status.
• To act as a front-line agency assisting those struggling with malnutrition and hunger across the country.
• To act as a food warehouse with branches in all the 20 Local governments in Lagos and to work with other agencies that assist people in need