OUR CORE VALUES
- Commitment: We are committed to solving hunger induced problems and providing related services
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
- Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation
The Lagos Food Bank has 10 major objectives:
1. To distribute food relief items to the poor and underserved communities.
2. To accept donations of food, food related products, Money and other properties.
3. To empower vulnerable communities with skilled jobs to put food on their tables.
4. To receive, inspect and store items for distribution.
5. To co-operate with other NGOs with similar objectives.
6. To serve as a link between the haves and have-nots by transparent transfer of resources.
7. To be the first port of call for welfare and emergency relief for disaster for victims by providing co-ordination and support in the distribution of food stuffs and relief.
8. To ensure that support and information are consistently available to help guaranty the appropriateness of emergency programs.
9. To work with other groups towards a solution to the problem of poverty and chronic hunger in Lagos, Nigeria.
10. To achieve sustainable hunger relief intervention by reducing amount of food wastage; redirecting surplus food to nourish those in need.
We are committed to creating a Lagos without hunger and closing the obvious food gap.
There are two parts to our Mission:
- To act as a front-line agency assisting those struggling with hunger and malnutrition across the country.
- To act as a food warehouse with branches in all the 20 Local governments in Lagos and to work with other agencies that assist people in need.