- We have reached more than 500,000 beneficiaries especially the children between the ages 0-16 years, elderly from 50 years and above and vulnerable women in terms of food, and other relief items. We have also recorded over 300,000 beneficiaries of our Medicare. We have partnered with brands like Uber, Dangote Salt, Nigerian Stock Exchange, Bristow Helicopters, Kantar TNS, NAPIMS, Nigerian Stock Exchange just to mention a few, to support with relief materials, food items and cash donations
- We have carried out several humanitarian projects by providing food and relief items to slum designated communities like:
– Oke Eri Oworonshoki, Lagos,
– Odun-Ifa Slum, Oworonshoki, Lagos
– Ottumara Ilaje Ebute-Metta, Lagos
– Iwaya Ogundimu Street Yaba,
– Canal Slum Ajegunle, Lagos
– Destitute Ground, Agege, Lagos
– Water Front, Lone Street, Oworonshoki, Lagos,
– Agboyi Ketu Lagos, Majidun Ikorodu,
– Ijora Badia Slum, Lagos
– Ilaje Community Bariga, Lagos
– Otto Ilogbo Community Ebute metta,
– Idi Araba Destitute community Mushin, Lagos.
– Ogundimu Slum, Iwaya Lagos,
– Ajegunle Agege, Lagos
– Mushin idiko, Lagos
– Makoko community, Lagos
– Majidun ikorodu slum, Lagos
– Agboyi Ketu, Lagos
– Dustbin Estate Ajegunle, Lagos etc
Our target is to reach all the 20 Local Governments in Lagos, Nigeria. Asides the above, vulnerable people walk into the food bank daily to collect food and relief items.
- Over 300,000 beneficiaries have benefited directly from our Medicare.
- Lagos Food Bank Human Resources Initiative has helped over 200 vulnerable beneficiaries towards self-sustenance by helping them secure a job through marrying their skills with relevant job opportunities
- Through our social media presence, we have helped to put hidden poverty in plain sight by opening the eyes of the people to the need, vulnerability and poverty of others in our midst, thereby creating more awareness on the deplorable state of living in the slums and in return motivating a lot of individuals and organizations to provide help.
- We have been able to increase our volunteer base from 200 volunteers in 2016 to over 4000 volunteers in 2018 duly now registered on our database.
- Our donor base has increased significantly from 25% of our monthly budget to over 65% of our monthly budget.
- Providing relief items like mosquito nets for pregnant mothers and infants of 0 – 3 months, there preventing and reducing the effects of malaria.